Friday, October 9, 2015

How Does the IRS make 941 - Substitute for Returns? Pretty Easy: Using your W2's.

If you are a business that has forgotten to file your 941's, the IRS sometimes might file them for you. They file these Substitute for Returns(SFR's) by collecting your W3 information which summarizes your employee's W2's, info which is found at the SSA. The IRS usually get the amounts correct.  But you certainly can refile the 941's to replace the "SFR's."

What if you didn't file W2's either? Well - that definitely is a situation where you will benefit calling In almost all circumstances, you want to file the W2's - you owe it to your employees who had paid into the system for themselves. But there's a lot of issues to discuss - particularly when your business is closed or closing, etc.

Washington Tax Services, 26 years in business solves 941 issues. All kinds - no matter how ugly or complex. Please EMAIL us a description of your tax issue HERE and we'll contact you or call us at 1-888-282-4697 - Monday to Friday and our experts will discuss your 941 issues with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment